Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Salt & Pepper

I went to two parties this past Saturday with Butterfly. First party was in town for my friend's 30th birthday. Second party was out in Pickering at a friend of Butterfly. Faux Beau was also supposed to be there, but never ended up coming out.

At the first party, Butterfly was being affectionate by holding my hand and giving me kisses. It was very obvious to everyone there that we were *together*. We mingled and talked with the other guests, one of them being a very cute friend of the birthday girl. He had salt & pepper hair with blue eyes. I tried very hard not to outright drool in front of Butterfly.

We said our goodbyes and left for the house party in Pickering. I drove as Butterfly doesn't have a car. As we were arriving, Butterfly mentioned that his brother and sister-in-law may be at the party.

Right he was! The first person we ran into was his sister-in-law. She was giving me looks up and down which I interpreted as "Who's this girl you are holding hands with that I've never heard of before?" When we ran into his brother, the same looks registered on his face. At one point Butterfly even mentioned that now I'd met family. Oooh, scary. :P

For the entire evening, Butterfly was being attentive and affectionate in front of everyone - and that felt so very good. I was impressed that he wasn't trying to hide that from anyone, especially from his brother.

We left the party around 2:00am and I drove us back to the city in the pouring rain. When we pulled up to Butterfly's house, he made out with me quite passionately for a few minutes and then said goodbye and he'd talk to me soon. He got out of the car without so much as a backwards glance.

That's it? It was dark and rainy and I was tired and that didn't warrant an invite to stay the night?! WTF?! He's supposed to be MAKING an EFFORT! He's supposed to be SHOWING me how he's CHANGED!

I cried all the way home. He really hurt my feelings. I know he told me before that he's not in the right "head space" to have sleepovers but for fuck's sake, IT WAS POURING RAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! A real gentleman would have insisted I spend the night. Spending the night doesn't always have to result in sex. Geez.

So when I got home, I did what any girl with hurt feelings would do. I flipped on my computer and immediately searched for Mr. Salt & Pepper through my friend's Facebook friends list. And I found him. And I put in a friend request. And he confirmed. And then I asked him out. And he said yes.

We went out last night for drinks at a pub in my neighbourhood. I got there about 9pm and we stayed until 1:30am. We drank, we talked, he laughed at all my jokes. We never ran out of things to talk about. He kept mentioning that I am cute, and that I'm pretty hilarious. He touched my hands and my arm more than once.

He drove me home and I gave him a quick kiss goodnight. I told him to call me. He said he would.

And the waiting game begins....

No comments: