If there's one thing I've learned over the last 2 weeks, is to listen to my instincts.
From the minute I found out I was going to Australia, every cell in my body had been screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is totally counter intuitive. I mean, I'd been handed the chance of a lifetime to visit a place I would have never imagined seeing. I should have been doing cartwheels and back flips. But instead, I was panicking and desperately trying to find a way out of it. I chalked it up to being afraid of flying. Ha, if only it were as easy as a plane crash.
My 6th sense was going completely bananas. Somehow I just knew that going on this trip would result in a life altering change.
Let's review the wreckage, shall we?
* The friend who invited me here is no longer my friend. We got into a huge fight which ended up with her going north and me (unwillingly) staying in the south for the rest of the trip. She hates my guts. And frankly right now, the sentiment is duly reciprocated.
* My boss fired my receptionist, but didn't tell me. I had to find out from her sister, who happens to be looking after my cat. I expect to catch holy hell when I get back to the office on Monday as I was the one who made the decision to hire her.
* Another friend wrote me an email to tell me to stuff my opinions about her relationship where the sun don't shine. I wrote back and apologized but got an out-of-office notice so who knows if or when she'll see it.
* I have not been able to find one damn karaoke bar down here.
* I haven't been able to get laid. (But does that really surprise you?)
What should have been the time of my life has become a living nightmare. I can't wait to get home.
And when I get home, I'm shutting it all off. My instincts are telling me to keep to myself, stay quiet and not to bother committing myself emotionally to anyone anymore. It's fucking useless and all that seems to happen is bullshit. I'm sick of bullshit. It stinks.
So I guess that's pretty much the end of this blog.
Yeah, that sucks.
I was kind of hoping for a small somewhat-happily-ever-for-a-little-while, but instead I got a big FU from the Universe. POINT TAKEN UNIVERSE. NOW STOP FUCKING WITH ME.
Oh well, at least I got to pet a kangaroo before I died.