Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Done

My new BFF, a.k.a. Woman, knows everything now.

Every. Last. Dirty. Detail.

I did not want this to happen. But it's all out now and frankly, I do feel relieved I don't have to carry that secret around with me anymore.

It all came to a head on Sunday. But first, let's back up a few weeks.

We went for drinks one fine Tuesday night, where she revealed that she had forgiven Boy for his previous transgressions and they are once again a couple. I tried vehemently to dissuade her from going down the same path to hell. She assured me that he's "serious" now and that she blames herself for treating him so badly before. I spent the better part of an hour waxing angrily that he will only hurt her again. She took what I said to heart but in the end, decided that he makes her happy.

One thing she didn't share with me was the condition on which she accepted him back. She told him she had to be able to trust him, and that if he had anything to come clean about, he should do it then and there. So Boy opens his big fat yap and says he had a "thing" with me before getting together with her.

Fast forward to Sunday.

I was at the street festival that I mentioned in my last post. I was hanging out with Film Fest Girl, who is also friends with nBFF. We went for drinks and nachos after we'd had enough of walking around. At some point the conversation turned to Boy and nBFF. And then she dropped this line on me, "Maybe I shouldn't say anything."

Yeah right. No one says they shouldn't say anything unless they are dying to say something!

I finally forced it out of her and that is how I found out that Boy "came clean". I use the quotations with purpose because I knew without a doubt, he only told her part of the story. There's no way he told the whole truth. I know she would have never agreed to give him another chance if she knew everything.

After nBFF and I had started becoming friends, I told Boy specifically that he was never to speak a word of what happened between us. I promised him I would ruin his life if he ever told her. As far as history and the universe were concerned, he and I never happened. He looked me in the eye and SWORE to me he'd never breathe a word.

So it goes without saying that I was all sorts of pissed off after finding out he blabbed. I wanted to take the nachos we were eating and throw them on the floor. I wanted to take my pint glass and smash it against the wall. I wanted to flip the table we were sitting at. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

I told FFG that I was going to call nBFF and give her the whole damn truth. FFG begged me not to. But I really had no choice in this. nBFF at the very least deserves to know the whole story and then make an informed decision about whether or not to continue on with Boy.

I called nBFF as soon as I got home. I asked her to tell me exactly what Boy had told her. He said he and I had dated before she ever came into the picture.

I then informed her that was Lie Number One. The truth was he CHEATED on ME with HER. She gasped. Then it was onto Lie Number Two and the infinite number of Lies that followed. Most of which I've documented right here.

I spilled my guts for two hours and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. She cried. I cried. She asked questions. I answered all of them, no holds barred.

As of right now, she's stepping back from everything, which includes talking and hanging out with me. I can't say that I blame her one bit.

I just pray that she walks away from him before he gets a chance to hurt her again. My good friend Fried Beans said this about the situation,

"Love is blind. I have seen you do things just as dumb. One day he will hurt her enough that she will move on. It's amazing how much we will put up with if we think there is a small chance."

Yep.

Blep.

Sigh.

1 comment:

mommytotwoE's said...

at least now you don't have to worry about it. Hopefully she will think it over and you guys will still be able to be friends