Sunday, June 14, 2009

Palm of My Hand

There was a street festival down in the Annex today. It was such a beautiful day for walking around and just enjoying what my neighbourhood has to offer. There were lots of little booths to peruse. I bought a wicked little shirt for my friend's daughter - I'm doing my best to turn her into a rock star as early as possible.

Another booth I dropped some dough in was for a psychic named Lisa Moore, who apparently was featured in the New York Times back in 1995.

The last time I went to a psychic was around 2003. That one told me I'd be married twice. I laughed in her face as I didn't even have a boyfriend at the time. Lo and behold I would be married for the first time 3 years later.

So I figured it was time again to see what the future holds. I asked for a palm reading and here's what she had to say (in the order I can remember):

* I will live a long and happy life.
* I am a kind and giving person.
* I am generous.
* I often do not receive as much as I put out there.
* The rewards I will receive will come from a higher power.
* There is going to be financial gain in the next 6 months, not to spend, but to save.
* I will be traveling over water.
* There will be a family gathering - a family member will fall ill but will make a full recovery.
* There will be a change in my career.
* I am stuck in a holding pattern, need to get rid of the negativity I still carry around.
* I have a smile on my face, but not in my heart.
* September is my love month, with a commitment coming in the new year.

I have to say, she got a lot right. The traveling over water thing is true - my boss told me last week that it's likely I'll be going to China in September with him. That's way over a lot of water!

The negativity thing is true too. I have realized over the last few months, and especially over the last few weeks, that I'm really not over what happened in my marriage. The subject of my ex has come up almost daily and when I talk about it, I keep realizing how completely obliterated I still feel. I do walk around with a smile on my face. But my heart is totally sad.

I almost laughed in her face about the September love month prediction. Honestly, I've come to my wits end on this topic. I snuck back onto PoF this week and sent 2 messages. Both were read and deleted. I just cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong! My picture is cute, my profile is short and to the point, and yet NOTHING. So I removed my profile again. Three times and I'm definitely OUT.

I was truly hoping that by July, specifically by the anniversary of the start of this blog, I'd at least be dating someone. My DT is already living with her new beau. Everyone around me is getting married and having babies. And I've really got nobody.

NOBODY.

It's no wonder I'm so sad on the inside.

No comments: