Thursday, July 30, 2009

Corner Brit

I have run into the Brit twice randomly, on the same corner of the city, which happens to be right across from the building I work in.

Yesterday he mentioned he would stop by to visit my office after work. I worked almost an hour late yet he never showed up.

Any chance of going out with him has now disappeared. There's no way I'd accept his invitation at this point. It's been 3 weeks since the party where he asked me out and he's yet to actually follow through by making a date. And now he can't even follow through on the simple act of popping in to say hello.

Bah. The accent is totally not worth it.

3 comments:

JustMe said...

Yes, good choice. The British accent somehow makes you think he'd have more class...but he's just a man after all.

Amy B said...

Maybe he is just shy?
I say you give him one more chance - be specific! Call him up or say to him next time you run into him: Let's meet up for a drink after work tomorrow (or whenever he is free). This time at this place. If he doesn't show up or blows you off, you know for sure it wasn't meant to be.

Paprika said...

Meh. The moment has passed for me. If there's one thing I've learned about men, is that if they are really interested, nothing will stop them from asking out a girl. I think Mr. Brit just isn't as interested in the sober light of day. C'est la vie!