Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feliz Navidad

Yesterday I saw Boy and the woman he's currently banging. It was by pure chance that I almost bumped into them. I was walking in the underground on my way to lunch, and they were walking in the other direction. They didn't see me thank goodness, but I most certainly saw them.

They didn't look very happy. Both were carrying a Starbucks coffee. She seemed more interested in the coffee than in him.

I thought back to the lunches we spent together. We were always laughing and talking and having fun.

I felt pretty sad sitting in Quiznos all alone eating my Chicken Carbonara on Whole Wheat with Mushrooms and Bacon.

I had a dream last night about Boy. A lot of time had passed and we were at a party together. We danced and we kissed and then we made love. I woke up this morning a bit disoriented and in a bit of a foul mood.

Getting off the subway, I heard the strains of "Feliz Navidad" coming from a TTC musician. I've never learned this guy's name, but he's one of my favourite underground players.

His version of "Feliz Navidad" was quite joyous and uplifting. All it took was a moment of listening before a smile broke out on my face.

Thanks to him, I had a lovely last day at work before the Christmas break.

Happy holidays to all of you.

No comments: