Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Old Habits

An old bed buddy of mine has reappeared after years of absence. We've always kept in touch via email, however it wasn't until a few months ago that we saw each other again in person.

He's happily(?) married now. Our first vis-a-vis was at a bar, and it was mostly me describing the insanity that was my marriage.

The second time was at my place and we shared a bottle of scotch. I think the split was 70-30 in my favour. I was breathing and belching scotch the whole next day at work. The conversation was mostly about Boy and the conflicting messages he was sending me.

Tonight was our third summit. I gave him a bottle of Dominican rum as a belated birthday present. Of course we cracked it open immediately.

I honestly cannot tell you why, but he ended up giving me a foot massage (both feet) and a back rub with grape seed oil that he just so happened to have in his laptop bag.

He and I are definitely like oxygen to a flame. We've always had an insane chemistry, but never a relationship. Which is too bad really when I think about it. I know mostly the reason is cultural - he is Jewish and I am not.

At any rate, I doubt his wife would think it's cool that he was rubbing another woman's feet. And not just any woman, but a woman he had an affair with.

He's always trusted me implicitly and I feel like his reappearance has something to do with needing someone to confide in. However I can't figure out how grape seed oil fits into that.

No comments: