Monday, March 2, 2009

Panic

Without fail, for the last 9 days, Mike has phoned/emailed/texted/Facebooked. WITHOUT FAIL. (Did I mention he hasn't missed a single day?)

I think the Universe has sent him to remind me what it's like when a guy is really into me. And yes, I've read the book. I've even bought the book twice. The first copy was lent out and was never returned. The second copy is currently with my cousin, but I know where she lives so I can get it back at some point.

At any rate, the Universe did not send me the antidote to the PANIC I've been feeling over said 9 days. And there's nothing in "He's Just Not That Into You" that addresses this situation.

It's silly for me to be PANICking. He likes me. This I am sure of. So why the PANIC?!

Perhaps it's because I know he's leaving, which by the way, has been bumped up from April 1st to March 23rd. Perhaps it's because I'm nuts. Perhaps it's because I human.

He called me tonight and I didn't answer the phone. PANIC.

He left a voice mail I have yet to check. PANIC.

He's taking me out for lunch tomorrow. PANIC.

I must be one of "those people", who's only happy when it rains.

No comments: