Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Mike

I went out on Friday night with two of my friends, Red & KP to celebrate KP's birthday. We ended up hitting the ultimate dive of a bar for karaoke. The host called the show "Oki Doki Karaoke". Totally made me laugh!

There was a boy there who fit the bill of what I like - tall, thin, blue eyes and crazy tattoos all down both arms.

I was already a bottle of wine into lala land when we arrived, and it took about 4 more rum & cokes to gather the nerve to convince Red to approach the tattooed cutie. Remember folks, I have ZERO self confidence. It is much easier to get turned down via an intermediary rather than straight to my drunken face.

As luck would have it, the cutie agreed to Red's proposal that he come hang with us. Turns out his name is Mike (what is it with that name lately?) and he was just so sweet and adorable. It also turns out that Mike will be moving to Saskatoon come April 1st. Can't win 'em all eh?

By the end of the night, Mike had asked me for my number. Hurrah! I gave him one of my snazzy new business cards (the same one as I gave to Firkin Mike), and in exchange, I got a sweet little kiss goodnight.

When I finally awoke yesterday morning, from my wine & rum riddled coma, I flipped on my computer to find an email from him saying it was nice to meet me. I also discovered a friend request on Facebook. How very nice!

I know this will go absolutely no where, but it's nice to have someone pay me some attention.

No comments: