Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pass the Salt

It's really hard for me to sit on my hands and wait for another person, especially a man, to do what they said they would do.

Really. Really. HARD.

Salt & Pepper said he would call me. That was 5 days ago. It's been driving me nuts.

Butterfly said he would talk to me soon. That was 6 days ago. And guess what? That too has been driving me nuts.

I don't know what it is about men, but apparently they've inherited a defective gene when it comes to communication.

These 5 and 6 days have been excruciating. I have to do everything in my power to keep myself from picking up the phone and calling these clowns.

For seriously, it's NOT THAT DIFFICULT! I know this is an age old difference between the sexes but COME ON! Would it kill either one of them to call me just to say hi? And I really do mean a maximum 2 minute phone call JUST TO SEE IF I'M STILL BREATHING. Given my crazy appendectomy, it's entirely possible that something could have happened to me over the course of 5/6 days.

I don't want to sound like I'm being needy or clinging or desperate, because I'M NOT. I just would like the guys who stick their tongues down my throat to use their tongues for something else, like actually TALKING to me! Shocking!

Salt & Pepper was the first to break the silence. He called me about an hour ago. We now have plans to see each other Wednesday night for drinks.

Butterfly has yet to dial my digits. We had made plans ages ago to watch a movie on Tuesday. I suppose I'll get an email confirmation tomorrow. But still NO TALKING!

Sigh.

No comments: