Thursday, July 31, 2008

Viva Italia

Salt & Pepper picked me up for dinner last night. He got out of the car and gave me a kiss hello. How totally gentleman like. :)

We hit a restaurant in Little Italy called Vivoli. Got ourselves a patio seat and the conversation started going and never stopped.

Everything about talking to S&P was easy. We laughed, we debated, we observed and did I mention that we laughed? He even noticed my pretty pink shoes! I mean come on, what guy ever notices a girl's shoes unless that's the only thing she's wearing? Exactly. I like his attention to detail.

We shared mussels and pizza and a few drinks. Total time at dinner was just over 2 hours. It didn't feel that long at all. He suggested we go for a walk. Alright!

We hit the sidewalk and he put his arm around my shoulder. My arm slipped in around his waist. Usually I have a really hard time keeping pace with taller men, but I didn't have this difficulty. I wonder if he was taking smaller steps just for me?

Talking, walking, touching, laughing...

Eventually we got to the Orbit Room, where the LMT Connection was playing. I used to go to the Orbit Room every Wednesday to see this band. They are absolutely amazing. Funny, now that I think about it, I don't really know why I ever stopped going. I mentioned this to S&P and he suggested we go on up and check 'em out.

We stayed for two sets. Lots of hand holding and nuzzling on two stools in the back of the bar. He kissed my neck and my shoulders. I danced and shimmied close to him. I was having a hard time making eye contact. I suddenly became very self conscious. He put his arm around my waist at one point. So I sucked in my stomach as much as I could. And I stayed like that until we left the bar.

He drove me home and when we pulled up to my building, he parked the car and turned off the engine. Then we made out. Hehehe. And it took him about 3 seconds to grab my boob. I totally felt like I was in Grade 8. After about 10 minutes, I pulled away and said goodnight. I told him to call me. He told me he'd be in St. Louis next week so he would call me when he got back. Then he paused, and said that maybe he'd call me from St. Louis. Aww!

I'm pretty sure the next time we get together, he's going to want to sleep with me. (Who wouldn't?! Oh right, Butterfly. Blah.) I've decided I'm going to make S&P wait at least a month.

A friend of mine called me before my date and told me not to lose it. "What?" I asked, "My virginity?" "Exactly" she said. So we'll see if S&P only wants me for what's in my pants. I kinda have a feeling that once he sleeps with me, he'll disappear. But really, what else is new?

No comments: