Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tripping Into Singlehood

My divorce got finalized yesterday, and with that I finished my blog "Death of a Marriage". I thought it would be appropriate to start a new blog, seeing as I'm starting my new life as a happy, healthy, single gal.

I was walking to the subway this morning with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I was thinking to myself, "I'm single! I'm free! I'm awesome!"

Then I tripped.

The noise of my foot slamming on the pavement to keep myself from biting the sidewalk was so loud that a guy walking about 30 feet in front of me whipped his head around to see what the hell was going on.

I made eye contact with him and then I just started laughing and laughing. My laughter is all squeaky because I'm still recovering from laryngitis.

And that my friends, is my grand entrance back into single life - so very typically awkward me!

1 comment:

jbrownnolan said...

Tripping back into singlehood is not that bad, just think about it, it could have been worse, you could have fallen into singlehood, flat on your face! I would say you came out of that quite gracefully!