Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flatline Redux

How lame can one person possibly be?

Since Butterfly sent me the lame text last week blowing me off for sleep instead, I've heard NOTHING. AGAIN.

I guess I should be asking how stupid can I possibly be? The answer is easy - REEEEEAAAALLLLY STUPID. I'm an honest-to-goodness S.U.C.K.E.R.

I've been stalking his Facebook profile and he seems to be doing more than just sleeping at home. He's out and about, taking pictures, seeing friends, having dinners, dancing, and pretty much EVERYTHING BUT SLEEP. One of his latest status updates was "Butterfly never gets enough sleep".

It's so painfully obvious to me that I come dead last on his list. He'd rather sleep than see me. He'd rather be somewhat dead than see me. He'd rather do ANYTHING than see me.

It hurts. My feelings are hurt AGAIN. I'm upset AGAIN. I am complaining about this AGAIN.

Some lessons are learned the long-way-around-about-painful way.

But I've learned it this time. For real. I don't care if he comes back in a month begging for forgiveness, which given his previous pattern of behaviour, it's inevitable that he will.

He got one chance, and one chance only to MAKE AN EFFORT. His effort was lame. Not good enough anymore.

(How do you spell the sound of a big, deep, heavy breath being expelled...?)

No comments: