Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mean Queen

I just got home from a gig with my band. We played a dive in Oshawa. As much as I like the owner of the bar, the fact is that it's filled with the city's finest in white trash.

So we were rocking along when all of a sudden, this guy appears on the dance floor. He was cutting rug like nothing I've ever seen before. I was silently thinking perhaps I should call 911 as it quite looked like he was convulsing, but seeing as he didn't hit the bricks, I figured it was just his own very unique dance style.

We finished our set and sat down for a break, and he came over and started chatting. Within two seconds, it was clear that he was interested in men. And within three seconds, it was clear he was rude as shit because he did not once acknowledge my presence. I've had some pretty awesome luck this week with men ignoring me.

He tried to buy us a round of drinks. (We declined.) He tried to offer mowing the guys' lawns. (They declined.) When he finally figured out that no one was interested, he decided to change tactics. If you can't join 'em, insult 'em!

We went back up for our last set and he continued his convulsions. In between, he'd shout something at various band members. At the end of one song, he walked right up to my face and asked me when I started singing. I said, "Before I could really talk." To which he replied, "I guess there's no chance of you getting better."

I should have punched that fucking bitch in the box.

I am really sick of men. Even gay men.

2 comments:

Amy B said...

If I'd been there I would have held him down for you so you could kick him repeatedly.

He wouldn't know talent if it hit him in the face....well he would once we were done with him ;)

YOU ROCK GIRL! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

C2G said...

That's what you get for leaving the 416.... That was total jealousy - you're doing your thing and shining with the boys in your band and some lonely loser can't contain or control himself. Always be the bigger person, and deflect the negativity - they'll only look like more of a bigger loser in the end when everyone, including himself, realizes that he is below and beneath you.... this is for all the losers that can't appreciate my Paprika: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DowvJ6h1WnM