Saturday, September 13, 2008

Single Rider

I went to Canada's Wonderland today with my cousins who are visiting from Malta, along with my brothers and sister-in-law. In total, there were 9 of us.

Somehow, I ended up being the single rider all day long. Even when I asked to ride with either of my brothers, my sister-in-law, or any of my cousins. We'd end up shuffling around in the queue and then when we got up to the ride, I was alone.

At one point I was going to ride with my cousin's husband, when he left the queue feeling queasy. I'm such a man-repeller that I make them wanna puke.

Normally I wouldn't take such offense to the signs that say "Single Riders Keep Left". I don't think the staff at Wonderland ever took into consideration that some of their audience would in fact be heart-brokenly single.

I rode Behemoth three times in a row. The first time, I hung on for dear life. The second time, my arms were up. The third time, my arms and legs were up and out and loose. I soared up and down with the powerful but graceful momentum of the coaster. I prayed that gravity would suck me out of my seat and I would fly away to quiet oblivion.

No such luck.

Perhaps if Boy hadn't told me he didn't want a serious girlfriend *and* blown me off for drinks, I wouldn't have been so upset.

1 comment:

C2G said...

Oh Paprika..... I actually prefer to go on rides by myself, that way I can enjoy myself an not worry about the other person's level of ride enjoyment..... in regards to boy sometimes we need to realize that it is time to move on, don't make me re-send you that BSB youtube lesson of the day ;-)