Monday, February 16, 2009

Fin.

Lava is allowing users to see who's looked at their profile for free this Vday weekend. So I clicked on "who's viewed me" and started scrolling. Maybe ignorance is truly bliss because I discovered the following:

- The age of the youngest man to look at me was 19, the oldest 63. Seriously, 63? My father is 73. That just makes me feel dirty.

- All of the guys I've smiled at who viewed my profile did not smile back.

- Two women checked out my profile, but didn't smile at me. WTF? I am unappealing to both sexes.

- And this guy:


I was in a band of his. He is the biggest asshole that has ever walked the planet, hence the reason I quit his band. I guess his wife finally figured out what an asshole he is, hence the reason he's on Lava.
After seeing that, I felt even more gross than knowing a 63 year old checked me out.

And the level of disgust has turned me right off the whole internet dating thing, and dating period.

I just have to finally accept the fact that I am not meant to have a life partner. ChefGeoff has effectively disappeared. Firkin Mike never called back. Boy is back with Woman.

I'm done.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Well Girl, if it makes you feel any better, I did a test of eHarmony over the "free communication weekend" and the only two people who communicated with me did so only to CLOSE COMMUNICATION. Online dating is bullshit.