Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Through the Looking Glass

I have to say, tonight is not what I expected it would turn out to be.

Boy asked me out for drinks with his best bud from elementary school. We'll call her Crack Lady, because she was royally FUCKED off one glass of wine. That leads me to believe she must have done CRACK before hand.

At any rate, the pub we end up at is where Woman happens to be.

At first, I'm completely uncomfortable, as per usual when I happen to be sitting across from her. But by the end of the night, we became BFFs.

She still has no clue about me & Boy. She talked to me about him, the way one would talk when looking for comfort or advice.

And the fucking sad thing is she sounded exactly like me.

Instead of running away, I faced it head on. And as much as I was talking to her, I was really talking to me.

I told us that we deserve better. I told us we are amazing, strong, intelligent, HOT women. I told us it's better to be alone than miserable dealing with Boy's retarded shit. I told us that relationships are work, but not insanely fucking crazy awful work. I told us that it's okay that Boy doesn't want a relationship, but he's a fucktard and doesn't deserve someone as awesome as us.

And after all of that, she managed to smash a glass of wine which ended up in my lap, glass shards and all. And she broke up with Boy over email.

The irony is not lost on me folks.

Who knows, maybe we were meant to be brought together this way, to light the path to our proper destinies. Or maybe it was just to be miserable with company. Either way, it was a positive experience (minus the red wine spillage).

I'm going to get a McChicken now, to soak up all the red wine.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I am very proud of you.