Saturday, April 18, 2009

Metamorphosis

When I was married, I had a relationship status line that proudly boasted "MARRIED" on my Facebook profile.

When I threw out my husband, my relationship status changed to "IT'S COMPLICATED".

When he signed the separation agreement and moved all his shit out, my relationship status changed to "SINGLE". And after that, every time I logged into Facebook, "SINGLE" would scream in my face. That got me really mad and so I took it off my profile all together.

And in the two years since, I've watched other friends relationship statuses (stati? statii??) change from "SINGLE" to "IN A RELATIONSHIP", to "ENGAGED" and eventually to "MARRIED". I haven't seen any of them change back the way mine did.

I really, really, REALLY want to put my status up there again. I'm not afraid to say that I'm totally jealous of all my girlfriends who have been able to go through Relationship Status Metamorphosis. I want to be able to put it out there and show the world that yes, someone loves me too!

I'm sad that my status is still non existent. I'm not even qualified to call myself single, because to me, single means out there and dating and having an awesome time. Which I am not, not and definitely NOT.

I need a new status category: ALONE.

No comments: