Sunday, November 30, 2008

Enter Stage Left

Friday was a bit of a fiasco at work. I was screamed at by a senior vice president, which then led to me crying in my boss' office, which then led to HR getting involved. Not a good day.

I left work early to go to work at the Gemini Awards. Let me tell you, Canadian celebrities think they are more important than they actually are. A big F.U. goes to Shenae Grimes and Sitara Hewitt. Thanks for making an already bad day that much worse. Bitches.

A couple girlfriends and I ended up at East Side Mario's after the big show (of assholes). At first we were going to hit up Lonestar, but my one friend insisted on ESM. I'd be thanking her later on for her steadfast choice.

We quickly settled into some drinks, nibbles, and a bitch fest about how much guys suck. We lamented about the lack of available good men, and how our hot & sexy selves were being wasted on losers like Boy.

I was in the middle of a rather loud rant about Boy when all of a sudden, I felt two strong arms pull me into a warm hug. I pulled back, and there stood one of the staging guys I work with at the Royal Canadian Air Farce.

I've worked at Air Farce since 2004. The first four seasons I spent as the VIP wrangler. For this final season of the show (why must great Canadian programs get cancelled?!), I was promoted to Head Studio Usher. I've known Stage Hand since I've been there, however it wasn't until this season that he appeared on my radar as a potential hook up.

Over the last few weeks, he and I have chatted quite a bit on set. I mentioned to the audience coordinator (my boss at the show) I think he's a cutie. She quickly flew into recon mode to see if he was available. She found out that he was - sort of. He was in the process of breaking up with a live-in GF.

And there he was, smiling at me. I was stunned to say the least as he was the last person I expected to see on a Friday night at East Side Mario's.

He started walking away when I stopped him.

P: You're not getting away that easily.

SH: (walking back) Oh no?

P: Not this time. (smiles) When are you going to ask me out?

SH: (pause) When I get my furniture back...

P: (nods head) I see.

SH: (walking away)

P: Hang on! You're doing this all wrong!

SH: (walking back and laughing) I am?

P: If you're going to ask me out eventually, you'll need my number.

SH: Right! (takes cell phone out of pocket) Let me have it.



As this exchange happened, my two girlfriends sat with mouths agape. I would have been too, but for some reason, I'd grown some sort of confidence between him hugging me and his first attempt at walking away.

He gave me another hug and then went back to his table. The girls of course started freaking out and demanding details. I told them as I've told you about the chatting on set and the inquiry into his relationship status.

As we were giggling triumphant, the waiter appeared with 3 shots. We asked who our benefactor was. "A mystery man." Of course. :) We also asked what the shots were called. "Red headed sluts." Nice. Hehehe.

I sent Stage Hand a text message thanking him for the shots. "C U soon sweetness" Awwww.

And just when I thought the situation couldn't get any cuter, he came over to my table again and told me he had something for me.

For a moment, panic struck. I imagined he was going to whip out his dick and ask for some head right there. I don't know why I thought this of him, as he's only ever been nice to me. However, he's got a bit of a bad boy thing going on - tattoos, piercings and heavy metal band shirts. Oh right, it's because I have a big chip on my shoulder that all men are assholes.

Off I went to his table, where a few other staging guys were sitting, who all know me as well. I got a "Hello nurse!" from one. Hehehe. Stage Hand gave me another hug and then opened his backpack to get my gift.

It wasn't his penis, but a bottle of merlot. He started explaining that he doesn't always carry wine around in his backpack, however he has a case of it stashed at the studio. They work crazy hours and sometimes when it's too late to go to the bar to have drinks, they stay on set and drink there. So he'd run back to the studio and grabbed me a bottle. Awww! See, cuter than I could have imagined.

I thanked him and told him that I would save the bottle for when he came over for a visit. He smiled, hugged me hard and kissed me on the cheek. He whispered "soon" in my ear.

I can't wait to see him this week on set.

No comments: