Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pendulum

And back I swing to liking Boy.

He came with me to my show last night in Oshawa, as my captive audience because I was the one driving. This would be the first time he's seen me perform with my band.

I don't know what it is about him. The minute I think he's completely incapable of being a decent human being, he turns around and surprises me.

He told people (mostly the older chicks hitting on him) he was there with me. "Really? With the singer?!" "Yes, I'm with her."

Half way through each set, the guys in my band take turns at vocals, for which I usually take a break to sit with any friends who happen to be there. During one of these breaks, my guys played a particularly dancy tune. So I asked Boy to dance.

Finally.

We finally got to do what we didn't do that disastrous night.

And it was awesome. It was soooo good. For that one song, nothing else existed. None of the tears, none of the anger, none of the douche-baggery. It was just me, him and the music. And at the end of the song, he leaned in and gave me an amazing kiss. He also mentioned I gave him a semi. Hehehe, my hips don't lie!

When we got home, he was nice and drunk and I was fully expecting to just fall asleep curled up together. However, he surprised me once more. :)

It was slow and gentle and passionate. And probably the best we've ever had.

Later he asked me to come for dinner to meet his family. He warned me that his mom was still not impressed with the whole leaving-her-sweet-baby-boy-out-on-the-cold-front-stoop-all-night. And it would be likely that all of the family would be talking to me about it.

Riiiiiight. That sounds more like a lynching than dinner. I told him I'd think about it and we'd talk more in the morning.

I decided to pass on meeting the family. For one, lynch mob. For two, I have another show tonight in Oshawa and his family is about a 2 hour drive in the opposite direction. I told him we could plan another weekend for me to meet them when I didn't have a show the same night.

So I'm here blogging and doing (his) laundry. And pondering. And swinging back and forth.

No comments: