Wednesday, January 14, 2009

101

I just logged into my Lava account and saw that under my "relationship" profile, I've had 101 people view me. Now I say "people" rather than "men" because there could be some ladies out there who are interested in my awesomeness. I won't know for sure because it costs $14.99 a month to have such a privilege, along with sending messages and chatting. It's always free to reply, so I've been coasting on the generousity of the guys who've reached out to me.

I'm happy to say I've had quite a few IM and email messages sent my way. But there have only been 3 guys that I've had any interest in. The first was "The Yeti" (real name Scott). A tragic nickname but boy was he cute and he had a fantastic smile. We IM'd a few times, never at the same time though, so I sent him my email address and asked him to drop me a line. I haven't heard a peep from him since. Splat. :P

The second was "SharpDressedMan2" (real name Jeff). He didn't have a public picture so I asked him for his backstage pass. (It's sooooooo stupid that Lava even has this feature. People should be forced to show themselves! It's not like when you go out to a bar, you put a bag over your face when you are talking to people you are interested in. GEEZ.) He sent it and he looked alright to me. However I did get a sense of uneasiness when I looked at his eyes. They looked kind of angry, which totally reminds me of my ex husband. He'd smile with his face, but never with his eyes - pure evil. At any rate, Jeff and I exchanged MSN addresses.

The next day I initiated a chat with him and he was all like "Who IS this?" OMG, we'd chatted via the Lava chat window not 24 hours earlier and he'd already forgotten me? And once he figured it out, he just kept saying "What's up?" Seriously. Like 5 times in a row. He'd ask what's up, and I'd reply "Oh just procrastinating at work, how about you?" Then I'd see nothing for about an hour until I'd get another "What's up?" Yeah. He's going nowhere real fast.

The third is "ChefGeoff" (real name, you guessed it - Geoff). A long, curly haired, red headed chef turned paramedic/teacher. That grabbed my attention immediately. He sent me an email and a backstage pass. I liked what I saw so I wrote him back. And I'm currently waiting for a reply...

I guess I'm giving Lava a little longer chance than I gave PoF. But that could all change depending on if ChefGeoff is actually a douche.

No comments: