Thursday, January 15, 2009

PB

Today has been a hair-pulling kind of day at work. My phone just would not stop ringing. I kept trying in vain to get away from my desk to go grab some lunch.

Finally around 1pm, I put my phone on forward, bundled myself up in my beautiful red winter coat, threw on my hat, grabbed my awesome oversized purse and started for the door.

As I approached the glass doors to our department, the whole management team was about to walk in. One of them is a hottie director of project management who I've had a crush on for about 6 months.

One of the other directors held the door open and waited for me to exit. As I was walking through the crowd, the hottie says, "You look like Paddington!"




"Thank you, I think." was my reply. There were a couple of girls waiting for the elevator when this went down and I asked them if I should take that as a compliment. One girl said yes, because bears are warm and fuzzy and you want to hug them. One girl said no, because...well he said I looked like a bear!

(sigh) I was going to screw up the nerve to ask him out too. (double sigh)

1 comment:

Amy B said...

hahahahahahaha
Oh Paddington.
These things always seem to happen to you.
:P
Just make sure when you do screw up the courage you DON'T wear that coat ;)