Saturday, January 31, 2009

Well We'll See

I thought there was no hope of actually meeting ChefGeoff. But he surprised me and asked for an impromptu meeting at a coffee shop on the Danforth last Saturday.

He looked just like his picture, only I couldn't tell he had these amazing crystal blue eyes. That made it very easy to maintain eye contact, which I usually cannot do when I like somebody.

We talked about a wide range of topics - his education, my education, politics and even the weather. But the weather talk was more centered around global warming, so it was small talk on a grandiose scale.

The date had a finite end point - the start of his shift. Oh, did I mention he went from being a chef to a paramedic? Yup, he's a real life Superman, saving lives all over the city of Toronto. :)

He walked me to the subway station and as I turned to leave, he gave me a big hug and said we should meet up for dinner the following week.

Well, it's the following week and he has yet to find time in his schedule for dinner with me. Now don't get me wrong, I can totally cut him slack as he does work night shifts SAVING LIVES. That's gotta be exhausting without a doubt. However, there are times when I see him online via Facebook or Lava and it just makes me wonder why we couldn't have spent that time together, figuring out if we like each other enough to you know, date.

The plan is to meet next Thursday, as that's the only night we both have free in our very busy lives.

In the meantime.....

Boy has popped back up in my life. We went out for drinks a few nights ago where he told me that he misses me and wants to revive our sexual relationship. I told him as long as he's still sleeping with Woman, I'm not game. Then he had the audacity to ask me how I'd feel if he dated my friends. I told him unequivocally I would NOT be a means to his end. I told him if he wants to be friends with me, it's because he wants to spend time with me, and not because he may meet more meat through my social circles.

Honestly, just when I think it can't get any more ridiculous, he comes out with shit like that. I kinda feel sorry for him though. He's clearly mentally retarded. And I feel socially responsible to make sure the retard doesn't hurt himself with any sharp objects. Like a letter opener, which I may have been holding at the time.

No comments: